Today I finished up another batch of almond cheese, this time using a recipe from Rawmazing. I started this one Sunday night, setting the almonds up to soak, and it was finally ready today at lunch. Overall, I found this recipe to be a wee bit lacking. I tasted it before setting it in the fridge to harden, and I added in 2 tbs of notch to make it a bit cheesier. After 24 solid hours in the fridge, it was still really soft, and 6 hours in the dehydrator didn’t help much. I might play around with this to make a cheesy spread, but it will need some work to fix the wet texture.
Also, you may notice that there’s no photo collage leading today’s post. This is because my iPhone 4s, which I use to snap quick shots of my meals, died today, taking most of today’s meals with it. I finally managed to use a piece of technology for its full life span! Happily, I had gotten the extended warranty with the phone when I got it nearly two years ago, so I was able to get a brand new one for free, sparing me the agony of trying to decide if I should pay an early upgrade fee to get a 5s (or impatience tax, as I like to call it) or pay good money for a new, outdated 4s when I’m only 7 weeks from being eligible for an upgrade without the impatience tax. Now that I have a brand spanking new 4s, I think I’m going to see if I can wait until the 6 (or whatever they call the next model) is released, which normally would happen about a month after I upgrade.
- Morning: March Full Body Challenge Day 11 (40 push ups/50 sit ups/ 65 squats)
- Evening: 1 hour BJJ and 45 minutes MMA
- Small smoothie: bananas, frozen tropical fruit blend, mixed greens, spinach, flax and chia seed, almond milk, and water
- Slice of soda bread with almond butter
- Broiled grapefruit half with strawberry
- Whole wheat wrap with BBQ mayo, black beans, almond cheese, sliced tomatoes, and leftover greens
- Leftover sweet potatoes
- Chocolate mint tea
- 1/2 PB&J
- Green tea almond milk latte
- Pre-class: Apple with almond butter
- Brown rice pasta with vegan chicken, broccolini, grape tomatoes, red onion, and garlic
- Wasa cracker with almond cheese
- Wee bit of almond milk with Godvia liquor