I woke up yesterday with a head cold and feeling like I was trapped in Narnia–always winter, and never the fun Christmas. Griddlehoppers weren’t going to be enough, so I headed into the kitchen and cooked up something new, something Elvis inspired. I give you the Hunka Hunka Pancakes.
Hunka Hunka Pancakes
feeds 4 with King sized appetites
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaping tbs peanut butter blended with 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup or so chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together mashed banana, milk, egg, and peanut butter mixture. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook on a hot oiled griddle, and serve warm with maple syrup and whipped cream.
Oh, and if you have a whipped cream bandit in your family, do not turn your back on him for a moment or he may steal most of the whipped cream for himself.