Happy New Year’s! I am just barely squeaking across the finish line of 2011 intact. This past month has been intense, leaving me feeling like I am sprinting the last mile of a long race tired, winded, injured and looking forward to the finish line. Today I get to sit back, tend my wounds, and look forward to a fresh start in the new year.
As is my usual habit, I am not so much making Resolutions and Setting Goals. There are a few things I want to work on and accomplish in the coming year. They are:
- Learn Spanish. I plan to spend at least one hour a week studying Spanish through Rosetta Stone.
- Improve my photography skills. To do this, I will choose a theme each month to focus on, and then post the best results here.
- Get back to my green schemes. I have drifted away from my ideals the past few months, and it’s time to course correct.
- Train to run my first marathon. This one will take some dedication, as right now I cannot run even 2 miles pain-free. My plan is to spend January and February healing my knee problem, which may be due to IT Band syndrome, and then start training in earnest in March.
- Set up a keg system. I haven’t brewed a batch of beer in months, mainly because I have been too busy for bottling, which can take several hours. Kegging would spare me the need to rinse and sterilize all those bottles, saving tons of time. My plan is to replace the win fridge in the kitchen with an undercounted kegerator to hold two kegs, with taps up on the counter.
- Blog more regularly. I should be able to do one post a week. I’ll aim for Fridays.
What are your goals for the new year?