Today’s training was a bit more intense than yesterday. I took advantage of Thing 2 going to school early to spend time wandering the local park, hauling a heavy backpack full of camera gear and hunting birds and deer. I don’t know how much distance I covered, but I worked up a good sweat. This evening I attended two classes at the dojo: a 45 minute Brazilian Jujitsu class, followed by 45 minutes of MMA/Muay Thai. Today’s meals were adjusted accordingly, most notably the hearty afternoon snack, which had to propel me through an hour and a half of fighting.
- Smoothie made with banana, strawberry, flax seed, romaine lettuce, kale, frozen blueberries, fresh squeezed orange juice, and water.
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter
- Coffee with stevia
- Iced peppermint, green, and ginger tea
- Small dish of yellow cherries
- Brown rice vermicelli dressed with sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar
- Steamed veggies and tofu in tahini sauce
- Half sweet potato with carrot miso dressing and Fauxmesan
- Drizzled all three of the above with sriacha until it looked like a crime scene from Dexter
- Cappuccino made with unsweetened plain soy milk and stevia.
Afternoon Snack (Pre-Workout):
- Iced Tea
- One slice whole wheat toast topped with peanut butter and a banana.
- Amy’s vegan burger with tomato, red onion, Miso Mayo and sriracha. This was supposed to be on while grain flats, but they had mold. Then we tried whole grain wraps, which had mold. When the corn tortillas also had mold, I gave up on bread products and just used collard leaves.
- Homemade red potato salad
- Dates, almonds, and a small piece of dark chocolate (as a dessert)