I woke up today with a seriously case of sausage finger, acid stomach, and some of the water pounds I had shed last week. Between the cookies and the Afghan feast, my body is in revolt. Good thing today’s plan includes forcing The Hub to eat all the leftover cookies while I focus on the chocolate cake I made for Thing 2’s birthday bash in the afternoon.
The birthday bash involved getting a bunch of his friends together in the local park to hunt each other with Nerf guns. It was a lot of physical activity–for the kids. I was on me feet, but standing still, taking photos of the action from a distance.
I tried to not overeat today, but our schedule was so hectic and there was cake readily available. Two slices was too much, I’m sure, especially with three meals built around wheat (bagel, sandwich, burger on a bun). I won’t be surprised if I’ll still swollen tomorrow, though it will make the long run less comfortable.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with almond butter
- Coffee with stevia
- Tempeh avocado sandwich wrap from Dean’s Natural Market with sriracha
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with unsweetened soy milk and vanilla stevia
- Dark chocolate
- Slice of birthday cake: vegan whole wheat chocolate cake with vanilla icing and stuffed with sliced strawberries
- Amy’s Kitchen Texas Burger on whole wheat bun with Daiya cheddar, sliced tomato, romaine lettuce, pickles, BBQ sauce, mustard, and sriracha
- Broccoli and garlic stir fried in a little Tuscan herb infused olive oil with Braai salt
- Full Sail Amber Ale
- Another *^*ing slice of birthday cake