Today is the first day of summer break for the kids…which means I don’t have to wait until after school to take Thing 1 on training runs. This is going to make it easier for us to overlap our running and fighting schedules harder, because we can run in the morning and have plenty of time to recover before class in the evening. We started this morning with a hard and fast 3.29 mile tempo run before breakfast.
The rest of the day was fairly mild, with the most activity being an hour shopping at the mall. I tried on bathing suits and even found a few that I might one day wear out in public! Sober! Tonight I had a hearing that went fairly late, and on the ride home I was treated to one of the most beautiful moonrises I have ever seen. When I got home, I ran into the house, grabbed my camera gear and The Hub, and headed out to the local park where we had an unobstructed view of the orange moon before it slipped behind the clouds. Afterwards, the munchies hit me, and I allowed myself a glass of wine so that I could relax enough to sleep.
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and a splash of unsweetened soy milk. I prefer my hot coffee black, but not right before a run, when I need a little something to temper the acid.
- 2 dates
- Smoothie with banana, strawberries, frozen blackberries, mixed greens, flax and chia seeds, coconut water, and unsweetened soy milk.
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and apricot preserves
- Cup of coffee with stevia
- Salad: Romaine, red leaf lettuce, red kale, avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy sprouts, steamed shiitake mushrooms and chickpea nuggets with blackberry ginger balsamic
- Square of dark chocolate
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- popcorn with Tuscan herb infused olive oil and salt
- 1/2 apple with peanut butter
- Whole wheat wrap with Tofurky, Daiya sliced cheddar, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, mixed greens, and BBQ mayo
- Cole slaw (leftover from yesterday)
- Square of Dark Chocolate
Late Night (after work):
- Glass of Cabernet
- Half PB&J on whole wheat toast
- 4 chickpea nuggets