Another day that started well and then devolved into a hot mess of eat-what-you-can-grab! Thing 1 and I went for an early 4 mile training run in the humid heat, before spending the day in a mad rush to get things ready for her birthday party that evening. There was shopping and cooking and cleaning to do, and that kept us on our toes until the guests began arriving at 4 pm.
Once the party started, my house filled with yelling girls. I don’t do so well in loud environments–I’m what is called a Highly Sensitive Person. About an hour into the party, I started to become overwhelmed by the non-stop yelling, and as my stress increased, so did my stress eating…which was disastrous in a kitchen filled with snack foods! At least I take comfort in knowing that one evening of eating a few too many olives and pita chips with hummus is not going to kill me, only make me bloat.
- Pre-run: Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and blackberry preserves; small cup of coffee with a little vanilla stevia and unsweetened soy milk
- Post-run: Smoothie made with banana, fresh strawberries, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax seed, coconut water, and unsweetened soy milk
- Tempeh avocado wrap from Dean’s Natural Market splashed with sriracha
- Cheesy kale chips
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with unsweetened soy milk and vanilla stevia
- Square of dark chocolate
- Tester cupcake for tonight’s party, with very little icing
Thing 1’s Birthday Party:
- Assorted finger foods: stuffed grape leaves, olives, hummus and pits crisps, HUGE white beans, roasted tomatoes, fruit on a stick (from an Edible Arrangement), kettle corn, coffee with stevia (because this was a slumber party, and I knew that I was not going to be going to sleep until very, very late).
- Small personal pizza made on pre-made crust with sauce, Daiya mozzarella, soy pepperoni, vegan sausage, and red pepper, topped with Fauxmesan and sriracha
- Long Trail Double Bag double alt beer
- Another cupcake, this one with icing