Yesterday I managed to shed 3 of the 5 pounds I had gained during my week away, but I was also dragging this morning. I slept about an hour later than usual and really needed my morning coffee to start feeling human.
I think I did fairly well with my eating, despite a hectic work day, right up until things went wonky in the evening. I had a small cyst in my armpit which was scheduled to be excised this fall, after the Philly race, but last night as I was getting dressed for MMA class, the cyst took matters into its own hands and ruptured. The wound was a little too big for comfort at about a 1/2″ in length, so I skipped class and headed to an urgent care center instead. The doctor there did a little minor surgery to clean it out, much milder than what was planned for September, packed the wound, and sent me on my way with a script for another round of anti-biotics to prevent infection while it heals. I have no idea how much down time this will mean for my training, but it will at least until Sunday, when I return to have the packing removed. Until then, I cannot shower, and if I cannot shower, I am not going to get sweaty.
So dinner, which The Hub was kind enough to put together while I moped on the sofa, was less than ideal, and I let myself have a beer to help cope with the discomfort of the bandaging. I think the medical tape hurts more than the wound! At least there were no stitches, and I expect to be back in action in less than the 6 weeks I was originally looking at for the end of September. It is very possible that I won’t need that surgery at all now, as my body appears to have decided to resolve this on its own terms.
- Smoothie: Bananas, frozen mangoes, romaine, red leaf lettuce, kale, Vega Sport Performance Protein, flax and chia seed, unsweetened soy milk, and water.
- Whole wheat oatmeal blue berry muffins (2 small ones)
- Coffee with stevia
- Iced peppermint, ginger, green tea
- Salad: romaine, red leaf lettuce, kale, red peppers, cucumber, avocado, and blackberry ginger balsamic topped with tofu cooked in coconut oil and hot wing sauce
- Cranberry lime seltzer
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- The last 6 Godiva mint dark chocolate pearls from my flight Monday. I think I am going to reuse the container as an earbuds tin.
- Hummus with carrots, cucumbers, and broccoli
- Water with Nuun Active Hydration Tablet (before the class I didn’t go to)
- Amy’s Kitchen Sonoma burger with Daiya cheddar on whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, BBQ sauce, mustard, and sriracha
- Potato chips
- 1/4 cantaloupe melon
- Anchor Brewing Breckle’s Brown
Late Night Stress Eating:
- Candied Roasted Malt
- Small piece of dark chocolate
- Wasa cracker with hummus
And here’s a photo Thing 1 took of me proudly wearing something not a T-shirt and shorts about 10 minutes before things went sideways: