I slept in today, all the way to 7:30 am, which for me is CRAZY late. The plan for the week had include getting up to do an easy run with Thing 1 this morning, but last night’s last-minute armpit surgery made that impossible. No running with an open wound is a pretty good rule of thumb, I guess. I’m frustrated by this sudden break in my training and the need to take more antibiotics, but I keep telling myself that it likely means that I won’t need the more invasive surgery in September, which would have involved general anesthesia, interior stitches, and four to six weeks off my training, so it’s all for the best.
Even so, it hurts, so when I was offered the chance to sample some of my client’s baked treats (from Del Ponte’s Bakery) at a pre-hearing prep meeting tonight, I sampled myself silly. I stuffed my face. Working dinners like this can be a challenge for me, though many of the attorneys I work with are aware that I eat a little differently from most and try to accommodate my diet. Even still, there are always temptation, and a huge box full of wonderful Italian cookies is hard to resist even at the best of times, but when I’m in constant pain my willpower is equal to that of a toddler. They were excellent cookies.
After the hearing, my grateful client brought in another enormous tray of treats for the zoning board, who regretfully turned them away because they cannot accept gifts from applicants even after they’ve voted. Ah, ethics. My client left the treats out for the public, which included me, so I sampled a few more. Gosh but they know their baking. So good. So bad for me, and certainly not vegan, but so tasty.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, romaine, red leaf lettuce, kale, flax and chia seed, unsweetened soy milk, and water.
- Oatmeal whole wheat blueberry muffins
- Coffee with stevia
- Iced peppermint, ginger, green tea
- One more muffin (I needed to eat something with my first dose of antibiotic
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy sprouts, shiitake mushrooms, buffalo wing tofu, avocado, and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Handful of red grapes
- Orange vanilla seltzer
- Cold brewed New Orleans style coffee with unsweetened soy milk and vanilla stevia
- Small piece of 70% dark chocolate
- Iced peppermint, ginger green tea
- Hummus with carrots, cucumbers, and broccoli
- Another handful of red grapes
- Roasted vegetable sandwich (you may notice cheese on it in the picture, but I peeled it off before eating. Not worth the cheat.)
- Cookies. At least 5 of ’em. (Worth the cheat. So worth it.)
- Mini cannoli
- Cream puff
- Wasa cracker with hummus