I managed a slow three mile run this morning. It feels so good to be back out on the trails, even if it’s not at 100%. I was quite sore after the run, too, as though it had been more like 15 miles. I don’t know if this is because I’m still a little sick or because I’ve lost so much of my conditioning while being sick. I strongly suspect it’s the former. One week is too short to go from being able to run 13 miles comfortably to having 3 make your quads scream.
There was good news on Thing 2’s front, as well. His fever did not come back at all today, but his appetite did. The little man put away three slices of pizza for dinner, which is probably more than he ate in total yesterday. I expect by tomorrow he’ll be going stir crazy to get out of the house and see his friends, though I think another 24 hours of rest is probably in order.
- Smoothie: banana, strawberries, watermelon, frozen blueberries, romaine, spinach, flax and chia seeds, coconut milk yogurt, and water
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and raspberry preserves
- Coffee with stevia
- 12 ounce Glorious Greens with ginger from the juice bar at Dean’s Natural Market
- Fakin Bacon BLT in whole wheat wrap from Dean’s Natural Market
- Red Grapes
- Mandarin orange seltzer
- Coffee brewed with cardamom and served with vanilla stevia and unsweetened soy milk
- Hummus with carrots and broccoli
- Small dish of granola
- Cheeseless pizza on whole wheat crust with Daiya mozzarella, Fauxmesan, onion, pepper, broccoli, and pineapple
- Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale (in lieu of NyQuil)
- Piece of dark chocolate