I woke up this morning and my ankle was still stiff and sore, so today’s speed training run is going to be shifted to Friday so that my leg has a chance to rest. By noon the pain had subsided. I am hopeful that the twinge will not progress into a full-formed injury.
Since Thing 1 and I are alone in the house this week (Thing 2 is at camp), I decided to take her out to lunch for a treat. One of our local vegetarian restaurants, Kaya’s Kitchen, rolled out a new menu today. They have gone entirely vegan, which means I no longer have to wonder if I’ve missed that the meal I’m ordering has feta cheese hidden in it. Another big change is the burger menu, which before had been variations on ways to serve their one type of soy TVP patty, which I had found tasty but also too big and too hard to digest, like having a hockey puck in my stomach. They now offer three different patties: the soy TVP patty, a seasoned black bean burger, and a lentil veggie patty. Both Thing 1 and I ordered the black bean patty; hers with vegan cheese and tempeh bacon, and mine with guacamole. The burgers were great, just the right size, and very flavorful.
To burn off that half serving of fries, I spent the evening at the dojo, starting with 45 minutes of Muay Thai and ending with 45 minutes of BJJ.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen mango, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, Vega One Vanilla Chai, and water
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and blueberry preserves
- Coffee with stevia
Lunch @ Kaya’s Kitchen:
- Agua de pipa (fresh young coconut water, served in the coconut)
- Black bean burger patty on a sprouted grain bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and guacamole
- Serving of fries and ketchup shared with Thing 1
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Small zucchini stuffed with hummus and sriracha
- Banana with Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter
- Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, vegan sausage, Fauxmesan, and sriracha
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, and kale dressed with Sicilian lemon white balsamic and black pepper
- Merlot with seltzer