I was still sore this morning, so I decided to give a recovery run a try. Hair of the dog that bit and what not. Maybe running three miles so soon was too much, but the first two miles felt great. I started having some knee pain during that third mile, though. I hope I didn’t push it too far, too soon. I just really wanted to try out my new Newton Running Energy shoes, which I picked up at the expo to use as a recovery shoe after long runs. I’ve been running most of my runs in the Newton Gravity happily, but I want to try alternating between models to see if it helps me recover faster.
In the evening, I decided to go to the dojo for my usual Tuesday night double-header of 1 hour BJJ and 45 minutes of MMA. Ha. I was so drained and sore that I staggered through both classes like a drunk, but I made it through them. I probably should have rested. I know that. However, my work schedule for next week right now looks like I won’t be getting in to the dojo until Thursday, so I wanted to make sure I got in as many classes as I can this week.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen mangoes, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, Vega One, and water
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with maple syrup
- Coffee with stevia
- Green tea with peppermint
- Salad: mixed greens, red onion, cucumber, blueberries, figs, shiitake, cremini, chickpea nuggets, and a dressing made from miso, blackberry ginger balsamic, and sriracha
- Coffee with cardamom, vanilla stevia, and unsweetened soy milk
- 83% dark chocolate
- Apple with banana raisin peanut butter
- Popcorn with olive oil and salt
- Earl grey tea with vanilla stevia
- Handful of multi-grain cereal before classes
- Bowl of black bean chili with Daiya cheddar, sriracha, and wasa crackers
- Small dish of leftover quinoa
- Piece of dark chocolate