Today was neither a rest day nor an exercise day, but instead was a big activity day in NYC.
We left the house fairly early, catching a 9 am train into the city to meet an old friend. Her niece is considering a career as a writer, and The Hub had agreed to show her around the media office he works in and explain a bit about his publishing work. Thing 1 and Thing 2 loved seeing their father’s office and raced office chairs along the empty aisles while The Hub showed the rest of us the ropes.
After the media tour, we hit a nearby Chipotle for a quick bite before heading up to Times Square to see the Lion King. The lunch was meh, but the show was great. I loved the visual spectacle. The costuming is a work of art by itself. The kids, who were seeing their first ever broadway show, were amazed.
We stopped at a corner falafel shop for a quick dinner before catching a train home. Overall my food today was a bit less than ideal, what with the fries and the chips especially, but it could have been worse. At least I didn’t give in to the temptation for the mini cheesecakes in the lobby of The Hub’s office or to the pastries that caught my eye in Penn Station.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Small glass of fresh orange grapefruit juice
- Coffee with stevia
- Iced coffee with soy milk
- Palmful of caramelized pecans
Lunch @ Chipotle:
- Vegetarian bowl with brown rice, black beans, veggies, pico de gallo, corn salsa, guacamole, lettuce, and hot sauce
- Chips (I shared an order with The Hub and Thing 1)
- Iced Tea
- 3 Twizzlers during the show
Dinner @ Maoz Vegetarian:
- Junior falafel sandwich in whole wheat pita with assorted toppings
- Side of fries
- Mint lemonade
- Glass of merlot
- Wasa crackers with mustard and Daiya swiss
- 1 slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with banana raisin peanut butter