In a way, I guess you could say I got two workouts this morning. Before class, I decided it was time to vacuum the shedding hair off one of the dogs, using the Dyson dog grooming tool, which works brilliantly. The dog is nearly 100 pounds and scared of the vacuum, so using this tool on her involves a bit of dog wrestling. The dog is also scared of the regular dog brush, so the wrestling would be necessary even without using the vacuum. At least with the Dyson, I didn’t have much of a mess to clean up when we’re done. I did, however, have shaking arms and a layer of sweat.
Then I headed out to the dojo for 45 minutes of MMA practice, where I proceeded to really wear my arms out. Thankfully they will be rested tomorrow.
I got rid of the Things in the afternoon, and The Hub and I decided to do a little shopping. First we hit the nearby outlet center, where we were confronted with a sea of super skinny legged pants (that would be trousers and jeans for you Brits). Who is wearing this stuff? Clearly not the thick-thighed people shopping alongside us. And clearly not The Hub and I. With the workouts we both do, we have some serious leg muscles that cannot be contained by this skinny-ass nonsense.
I wish I could just wear yoga pants everywhere, at least until the fashion industry decides to provide pants cut for real legs, not just toothpicks and matchsticks.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Fresh squeezed orange juice (about 6 ounces)
- Coffee with stevia
- Post-class: Water with NUUN Active Hydration Tablet
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Salad: Romaine, kale, red pepper, cucumber, portobella mushroom, BBQ tempeh and tofu, avocado, and a dressing made with miso, raspberry balsamic, and sriracha
- 1 large orange
Afternoon Snack @ Starbucks:
- Grande caramel macchiato with soy milk
- 1/2 oatmeal raisin cookie
- Boca chick’n pattie with Daiya cheddar on whole wheat bun with red onion, sliced tomato, romaine lettuce, BBQ sauce, mustard, and sriracha
- Shredded brussel sprouts sautted in olive oil with Brai salt, Sicilian lemon balsamic, and Fauxmesan
- Glass of Pinot Noir
- Small dish of granola, almonds, and currants