You know what? I’m not doing so well. Despite my best efforts, all this wonderfully healthy food I’ve been eating, and all the working out, my weight has crept upwards again. I still think much of it is water, and I am waking up every morning so swollen that I can’t even get my wedding rings on. I’m also feeling incredibly tired, sniffly, and just generally blah. It’s probably time for a trip to the Doctor for some blood work.
This morning I sweated much of it out at the dojo during my regular 45 minute Saturday morning MMA class. This hot, humid weather which doesn’t belong at all in October has made all this week’s workouts sweaty affairs. I noticed during class that my right foot and ankle, which have been bugging me for two weeks, are a little swollen. I think I am going to have to back off on the running for the next few days, at least until the swelling is gone.
This afternoon the demo team performed our routine at a local town’s community day. Outside. In the heat. We ran through it twice, once as a warm up and then again for the crowd. It was fun, and I was proud of how well the Things ran through their nunchaku routine. Afterwards I treated them (and myself) to a rare real ice cream as a reward for all their hard work.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Coffee with stevia
- Tempeh avocado wrap from Dean’s Natural Market
- Picco de Gallo chips
- Virgil’s Zero Cola
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Vegan chocolate chip cookie
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Gardein Beefless Burger on whole wheat bun with Daiya cheddar, lettuce, tomato, BBQ sauce, and mustard
- Waffle fries with ketchup
- Broccoli slaw
- Glass of red wine