The Things had today off from school, so I dragged them out for an early walk around the park. The birding is not as great with kids in tow, at least in terms of variety, but it is fun to watch them trying their hand at it. Our biggest sighting was a group of vultures sitting on one of the maintenance buildings and the deer carcass we found behind the building. Nature can be gross, but always interesting.
I finally got myself to the doctor today. She drew a whole lot of blood to check my hormone and vitamin levels, but she thinks that my body is just showing signs of overtraining and/or stress from returning to intense training so quickly after having my minor surgical adventure in July. At least they didn’t tell me that I’m pregnant, which was worrying me. I don’t want to turn this into a vegan pregnancy blog!
She did suggest I try eliminating gluten for two weeks, which I may do. But not for the next few days. I stocked up on a fair amount of whole wheat foods this week, and I don’t want to have to throw them all out! I guess the pasta will keep through a gluten-free test, but on the breads.
While I wait for the blood work to come back, I’m going to be taking it easy and trying to getting a little more stress relief into my days. I did not get to start that today. I had planned on a leisurely bubble bath for the evening, but then I had to spend my evening running to pick up The Hub a few train stops up the track when the trains stopped running due to a fatality on the line closer to home. Since he was stranded in Red Bank, I agreed to pick him up at Red Bank’s vegan friendly pizza joint, Earth Pizza, to bring home a pie for dinner. They also have gluten-free pizza, which is good news for me it I do have a gluten problem. Which I don’t want to have. At all.
- Tofu scramble with garlic, red onion, grape tomatoes, and asparagus
- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- Fruit salad with kiwi, orange, and banana
- Coffee, black
- Ramen noodles in miso broth with edamame, red pepper, carrots, shiitake, spinach, and sriracha
- Orange vanilla seltzer
- Almond milk & matcha latte
- Apple with peanut butter & brown rice syrup “caramel”
- Hummus with carrots and celery
- Hot ginger tea
- Piece of dark chocolate with walnuts
- Three small slices of vegan multi-grain pizza from Earth Pizza topped with pineapple, peppers, sriracha, and Fauxmesan
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, and kale topped with tempeh bacon cubes and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Piece of dark chocolate with almonds