This was the first day of the gluten-free test for Thing 1 and myself. We’ve tried this once before and didn’t make it long enough to know if it helped. I think this time she’s mature enough to make it at least a full week. Her hardest challenge will be lunches at school, when some of her friends are likely to tempt her with bites of their own bread lunches. This is what did her in last time, but I think this time she really wants to make it through the week without eating gluten.
The Hub had a big day. He competed in the New Jersey Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation tournament, which was help up in Matawan. The Things and I came along to watch and cheer him on through his matches. It was a long afternoon, and we were on our feet for over three hours, but it was fun watching The Hub and the other competitors rolling their hardest.
Afterwards I took the family out for a treat. It is hard to go up to Matawan and not stop in at Papa Ganache, a Cupcake Wars winning vegan bakery right there on Main Street, just 5 minutes from where the tournament was held. We’ve been eating their wonderful vegan cupcakes for years, but this was the first time we ordered from their vegan gluten-free selection. I tried a salted pretzel cupcake, and it was worth the cheat.
6 mile run
- Tofu scramble with broccoli, grape tomatoes, red onion, and shiitake
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Post run recovery drink: juice of one orange, coconut water, water, and a pinch of salt
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, Vega Sport Performance Protein, flax seed, and water
- Sweet chili rice cake with peanut butter
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- 1/2 AdvoCare RAW bar
- Gluten-free vegan salted pretzel cupcake from Papa Ganache bakery
- Noodle bowl: forbidden rice ramen noodles with garlic, ginger, snow peas, red pepper, carrots, shiitake, and edamame in broth
- Sweet chili rice cake with hummus
- Vanilla porter