We got the results of Thing 1’s blood work back today, which was amazingly fast. There are no markers for celiacs, which is great news. There were some strange readings for her liver enzymes, though, so she is going back next month for another round to see what the deal is with that.
We talked about it over dinner, and decided that even though her blood work looked good for gluten, we would continue the gluten free eating for the week. Heck, we have all these gluten-free meals lined up; might as well eat them. After that I think we’ll bring the bread back in, at least in reasonable quantities. Sugar, however, is going to remain a rare thing. I am adding back in a few less-refined sweeteners, like small amounts of maple syrup or brown rice syrup, but the daily chocolate and semi-weekly baked treats have been given the boot.
Today was a bit of a food struggle for me. I think I really just wanted a piece of toast, and since I wouldn’t let myself have that bread, I overdid it on rice cakes and rice crackers. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax seed, unsweetened soy milk, and water
- Ginger and peppermint tea
- Salad: red lead lettuce, romaine, kale, grape tomatoes, red onion, tempeh bacon, cucumber, and cashews dressed in blackberry ginger balsamic, sriracha, and miso
- Rice crackers, carrots and hummus
- Coffee with cardamom, vanilla stevia, and unsweetened soy milk
- Rice cakes with peanut butter
- Apple with peanut butter
- 3 crunchy corn tacos with soy crumbles, black bean chili, salsa, and guacamole
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, and kale
- Lemon lime seltzer
- Date with walnuts