Following the Eat to Live plan 100% of the time is tough when there are kids in the house. I didn’t even make it two days before agreeing to a minor cheat meal. Thing 2 has a friend sleeping over, and with two little boys making puppy dog eyes and begging for take out pizza, I caved. The Hub upped the ante by bringing home beer with the pizza.
I tried to minimize the damage by skipping the usual handful of Daiya shreds, which are basically just salty fat bonded by starch and not exactly nutritious. I also held myself to three small slices and skipping any sort of dessert. While this was not an ideal meal by the Eat to Live Standards, it wasn’t terrible. I could have done better by having a glass of red wine rather than the beer, but gosh I love a good pint of Boddington’s when I can get it.
Four mile fast run, much faster than what I have been able to do recently. It didn’t even feel that hard, which is amazing.
- Oatmeal with apples, raisins, unsweetened soy milk, flax seed, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Coffee, black and hot
- Hot ginger peppermint tea
- Baby spinach topped with kidney beans cooked with tomato, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and chili powder
- Lime seltzer
- Coffee with cardamom and unsweetened soy milk
- Post run recovery: date, almonds, and an orange juice-coconut water-water-salt drink
- Handful of popcorn
- Rice cakes (1 with hummus, another with peanut butter)
- Whole wheat cheese less vegetable pizza with Fauxmesan and sriracha
- Garden salad with no-oil vegan caesar dressing
- Boddington’s Pale Ale