Today was a rare Saturday where we didn’t have a class or any other big even scheduled, so I took the day to clean up the house, which had gotten horrible, and invited some friends over for dinner and board games. It was a great day. We won’t have another weekend this open for months.
As far a food goes, today wasn’t ideal according to the Eat to Live plan, but it wasn’t a disaster, either. There was a little maple syrup and probably sugar in the apple dip, some salt and oil on the sweet potato fries, and the beer, but there wasn’t any mindless snacking while gaming or cleaning, and I think I managed to keep the portions reasonable.
Rest. Well, vigorous house cleaning, but no organized workout.
- Whole wheat and flax seed pancakes with sliced banana, walnut pieces, and a drizzle of maple syrup
- New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Salad: Mixed greens, kale, grape tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, cucumber, broccoli, and tempeh chicken salad dressed with miso, blackberry balsamic, and sriracha
- Coffee with cinnamon, cocoa, and unsweetened soy milk
- 1 mint chocolate raw macaroon
- Raw almond truffle (had to taste one while I was making them for later)
- Rice cake with peanut butter
- Another cup of coffee with cinnamon, cocoa, and unsweetened soy milk
Dinner with friends:
- Apple dip with blue corn chips
- Sweet potato fries
- Black bean chili with Daiya shreds
- Gluten free whole grain biscuits with Daiya cheddar
- Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
- Date almond truffles