Geez, did anybody get the number of the truck that hit me? I woke this morning sore and exhausted. A well-earned sore and exhausted, true, but, man, was I uncomfortable. In a perfect world I would have spent the day sitting in my favorite chair and binging on Netflix, but that was not to be. I had promised to spend much of my day at the middle school, surrounded by 8th grade gifted and talented students.
These kids are competing in an engineering contest where they have to design a city 150 years in the future, and I have offered to help them out as their urban planning consultant. Seeing their work gives me some hope for the future. Today’s kids want a better tomorrow.
At the end of the day, however, I crashed. There was no mojo left to call upon to make dinner, so The Hub and the kids headed out to our local health food store to pick up a meal. As is their habit, they brought home stuff that is not on the plan: potato chips, tortilla chips, and cookies. I have asked and pleaded that they stop bringing this stuff home, especially when I am too tired to have the willpower to not eat it, but somehow the message has not gotten through.
It will be interesting to see how much damage this meal does to my bottom line in the cold light of morning.
Nada. I and planned on going for a run today, but my foot is too swollen to make that happen.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax ans chia seed, unsweetened soy milk, and water
- Leftover whole wheat pancakes with maple syrup
- Spiced kidney beans with onions and tomatoes
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, shiitake, clementine, and red onion with sesame ginger dressing
- Coffee with cinnamon and cocoa
- Rice cake with hummus
- Tempeh avocado wrap from Dean’s Natural Market
- Potato and corn chips
- Breckenridge Brewery vanilla porter
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies