Day 7 of the cleanse. Today was the last day of the herbal part of the system. I remain underwhelmed.
I didn’t get any formal exercise in today, but I was far from sedentary. I got the whole family up early to head out to Sandy Hook, part of the Gateway National Park. There have been several Snowy Owls spotted in Sandy Hook over the last few weeks, and we were trying to see them. We had no luck, but I did rack up over 7,500 steps on my Fitbit tramping through the parking lots and frozen beaches as we searched.
In the afternoon, we headed out to the farm where my family has been cutting our Christmas trees since I was 3, and then we spent the afternoon and evening putting up our holiday decorations and trimming the tree as the snow fell heavily outside. And we had cookies, which is part of our tradition.
I’m coming to realize that following a strict diet during the holidays is folly. As much as I want to shed a few pounds, it is not worth missing out on all the family traditions that involve treats that are not “permitted.” My focus through the rest of the holidays will be to limit those treats to reasonable portions and make sure I get my exercise in to burn off the extra sugar. If that means I have to redo this cleanse, or some other, after the holidays, I’m okay with that.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Coffee with soy milk
Lunch @ Ichiban:
- Miso Soup
- Salad with carrot ginger dressing
- Avocado cucumber and sweet potato sushi rolls, made with brown rice
- Hot tea
- Coffee with almond milk holiday nog
- Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, Tofurky Artisan Spinach and Pesto sausages, and fauxmesan
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, and kale with sesame ginger dressing
After Dinner Tree Decorating:
- 2 Candy Cane My-Del oreos
- Small glass of almond milk holiday nog