The last few days at the dojo have been rough, especially on the legs. We’ve been doing a lot of conditioning. A lot of squats and lunges, in particular. I took today off to rest my gams.
At least that was the plan, but then the dishwasher stopped working, and I decided to try to fix it myself. This involved holding a deep squat for the better part of an hour with my head shoved into the dishwasher, trying to not face plant onto the grinding assembly that I was cleaning. While I saved myself about $200 and the humiliation of having the repair guy tell me that all it needed was a cleaning, again, this was the opposite of resting my legs. By the time I was done I couldn’t even lay down without pain.
Thank goodness for beer, or I probably would not even be able to sleep tonight.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, frozen mango, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seeds, unsweetened soy milk, and water
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with maple syrup
- Handful of almonds
- Ginger peppermint tea
- 2 slices leftover pizza
- Salad with tangerine balsamic
- Coffee with unsweetened soy milk
- Dark chocolate
- Small bowl of feral with dried cranberries and soy milk
- 1/2 PB&J
- Raspberry black tea
- Tempeh avocado wrap from Dean’s Natural Market
- Sea salt and vinegar potato chips
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Long Trail Double Bag