Today was a non-stop go-go-go kind of day: an intense class in the morning, then a drive up to a family party celebrating my cousin’s recent marriage in the afternoon, followed by a white-knuckle drive home through the heavy snow. Spending time with family was worth the trip.
I ate things I wouldn’t normally eat. Cheese, specifically. Cheese and I are not friends anymore, but sometimes someone makes a nice veggie lasagna just for you, and then you eat it. It was tasty, but it came with a price, as usual. The cramping hit me a few hours later. It felt like my kidneys were trying to burst out through my lower back. I probably shouldn’t have followed it up with a slice of cake, but in my defense it was chocolate.
45 minutes of MMA class with lots of conditioning.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- New Orleans style coffee with soy milk and vanilla stevia
- Oatmeal date scone
- Coffee with cardamom and soy milk
- Party foods: assorted spring rolls, artichoke dip on toast, fruit, nuts
- Lasagna and a small slice of quiche
- Chocolate cake
- 1/2 glass of red wine
- Gardenburger with Daiya cheddar on whole wheat with ketchup and mustard
- Mixed greens, grape tomatoes, and cucumber with sesame ginger dressing
- Potato chips
- Vanilla porter