The dojo opened up today after a week and a half hiatus. It felt good to be back on the mats, even if we had to keep a nervous eye on the weather throughout our workout. The snow had started falling just as we were headed out to class, and there was a good inch or so on the roads by the time we left. The school had already called to let us know they would be closed tomorrow.
I’m looking forward to the snow day just as much as the Things!
16 pushups, in the morning. In the evening, I took a 45 minute BJJ class and 45 minutes of MMA, which included a lot of conditioning. And push ups. 40 regular and 15 wheel barrow. I ended with 10 minutes of yoga to stretch.
- Smoothie: bananas, pineapple, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seeds, Warrior Blend Vegan Protein, and water
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with maple syrup
- Matcha green tea
- Leftover black-eyed peas, vegan sausage, and kale with polenta
- A few green olives with lemon and garlic
- Raspberry seltzer
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt (the last of the bar from my Christmas stocking)
- Apple with peanut butter and cinnamon
- Cabernet cocoa herbal tea
- 4 Triscuit-style crackers with hummus as pre-workout fuel
- Whole wheat wrap with seitan, onions, and peppers cooked in BBQ sauce, diced avocado, and Daiya cheddar
- Cole slaw made with chipotle vegan mayo
- Red grapes
- Coconut seltzer
- Cup of hot chocolate made with almond milk and Ghirardelli cocoa mix. Because SNOW!