I did not run today, and I am pissed off about it. I awoke to find the world covered in a thin layer of icy snow, the dreaded Wintery Mix. No way I could run on that slippery mess without risking a broken leg. The weather warmed up and the wintery mix falling turned to cold rain throughout the morning. I tested the driveway and found that it had a thing sheen of water hiding patches of ice…not running on that, thank you very much.
By 1, things were good for running. The ice was gone, the rain had stopped…and I had a work meeting to attend. Drat. After the meeting, I got home to find my razzenfrazzen thermostat malfunctioning. The good news was that a repair guy would come to the house today. The bad news was that he would come sometime between 2 and 4, which meant I was tied to the house until he was done. Naturally he arrived at 4:05 and finished at 4:30, by which time the rain had returned and the sun had vanished, making it too dark to spot any lingering ice patches on my path.
I really, really, really wanted to run today because I know it isn’t going to be possible tomorrow, and without today’s run I have no hope of hitting my targeted 9 miles for this week. Part of me feels like “Oh well, that resolution is a failure,” but I’m not going to give up on it. I knew that getting those 9 miles in would be very challenging for the first two months of the year, as the weather is unsupportive and I don’t own a treadmill, but I will do the best I can. Barring another stupid polar vortex event, I will aim to hit those 9 miles next week.
24 push ups.
- Smoothie: banana, frozen mixed berries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seed, Vega Sport Performance Protein, and water.
- Cinnamon raisin sprouted grain Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and raspberry preserves
- Small bowl of four lentil soup
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, red cabbage, grape tomatoes, polenta fries, breaded tofu, and avocado dressed in blackberry ginger balsamic, miso, and sriracha
- Dark chocolate
- Roasted chestnuts with a mug of ginger peppermint tea
- 1 veggie samosa
- Breaded tofu sticks with chiptole mayo
- Handful of popcorn
- More chocolate and a few mini marshmallows
- Whole wheat penne with tofurky sausage, two types of kale, sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic, and broth
- Roasted cauliflower inspired by a recipe in Vedge dressed with mayo, tequila lime vinegar, and olive oil
- The last of the dark chocolate
- Wasa cracker with hummus