In the background behind the push ups, running, and MMA classes, I’ve been quietly trying to hit 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs every day on my Fitbit. I have realized that though I work out a pretty decent amount, the times in between training are mostly sedentary, and I hope that striving for 10,000 steps throughout the day will help break that up.
Today really put my resolve to the test. I had a mooring that required an hour of driving and two hours of sitting in a meeting, for a total of three hours sedentary. I pretty much had to spend the afternoon pacing while I worked to make up for the morning of sitting so that I would hit the 10k mark, which I did.
Suburban life involves so much darn sitting.
27 push ups in the morning. 45 minutes of MMA and 45 minutes of no-gi BJJ in the evening, with a little stretching.
- Smoothie: Banana, pineapple, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seeds, Warrior Blend Raw Protein, water.
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 slice yoga bread, toasted, with almond butter and raspberry preserves
- Coffee with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla stevia
- White tea with almond and vanilla
- Whole wheat pasta with sundered tomatoes, kale, tofu sausage, and tempeh
- Salad: Red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, chickpeas, strawberries, and blueberries with blackberry ginger balsamic
- Coffee with vanilla stevia
- Dark chocolate
- Hummus with carrots and a was a cracker
- Apple with peanut butter and marshmallows
- Black tea
- Tacos with tofu crumbles, Daiya shreds, and salsa
- Red Grapes
- Boddington’s Pale Ale
- More chocolate