I expected my back to hurt this morning, which it did not. I did not expect the deep and horrible pain in my glutes. There was no run today. I could barely manage climbing stairs without wincing. Even sitting hurt if the surface wasn’t soft and welcoming. I can now claim with 100% certainty that putting together that foosball table yesterday was, quite literally, a huge pain in the ass.
Despite there being no run, I still ate like today like I was training for a marathon. My cheating is really getting out of hand! We took Thing 1 out for brunch to Toast this morning to celebrate her Future City team placing at their competition yesterday, and I could have ordered the tofu scramble or the oatmeal, but nooooooooo, I had to order the not-vegan, sugar and cream cheese topped carrot cake pancakes. What came out was like a whole 3-layer carrot cake, only pancakey. The dish was insane. I, who normally clean my plate like I haven’t eaten in ages, couldn’t even come close to finishing them. As far as cheats go, this was so brazen that I think I’ve lost my mind.
- Early: blood orange and a cup of coffee with vanilla stevia and soy milk
- Brunchish @ Toast: 1/2 grilled cinnamon bun, carrot cake pancakes (I ate maybe a little more than half of the incredibly huge serving they gave me), and coffee with soy milk
- Salad: Red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, red cabbage, grape tomatoes, and chicken less nuggets with tangerine balsamic, miso, and sriracha
- Coffee with cardamom, stevia, and soy milk
- Wasa crackers with hummus
- White tea
- Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce
- Tofu meatballs
- Broccolini sautéed with garlic
- Glass of Pinot Noir
- A bit of leftover carrot cake pancakes for dessert