Today I paid the piper for yesterday’s stupid amount of carrot cake pancakes. Shortly after I woke up, I developed a sharp, stabbing pain in my left shoulder that radiated down through my abdomen and out my lower back. The kind of pain that makes even a highly fit woman with low blood pressure and dream cholesterol levels thing about a heart attack. Fortunately, it was just a gas bubble and a little cramping from overindulging in that sweet, sweet goodness yesterday. But gosh did it hurt. I wasn’t fully comfortable until well into the afternoon.
So of course having brownies made perfect sense. I swear, I would totally behave if I wasn’t living with two children who serve as constant tempters. “Mommy, we need a treat to have while we’re watching Sherlock!” they whine, and then I go along. The impending snow storm doesn’t help, either. With the weather moving in, I pretty much just want to stuff my face and prepare to hibernate for a few days…as a side note, don’t expect me to run this week, let alone hit that 9 mile goal. I don’t like to push it when it’s this far below freezing. Stupid Polar Vortex.
31 pushups (These were really hard today, for some reason, and I had to break it up into three sets). 45 minutes MMA in the evening.
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and unsweetened soy milk
- Green tea with cherry
- Tofu scramble with broccoli, red pepper, and Portobello mushroom
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 blood orange
- Coffee with pumpkin pie spice, vanilla stevia, and unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 each caramel brownie and peanut butter brownie
- Pre-class: 2 tbs hummus with baby carrots and cucumber
- Saffron Cauliflower Soup with Persillade from the Vedge cookbook. This soup was amazing, though quite a bit saltier than is ideal for the Eat to Live plan (of course, today’s brownies were also not Eat to Live approved).
- Seven grain sourdough bread
- Coconut seltzer
- Dark chocolate with walnuts and cranberries