My ankle was still a wee bit achy today, so I decided to give it a rest from the jumping rope. No point in pushing a small ache into a big injury so early in the year! My only exercise today was to complete the 30-day pushup challenge with 40 pushups.
I think the challenge worked out well, and I certainly find doing a set of 15 or 20 pushups at the dojo to be much easier than it had been a month ago, so it did increase my strength a bit. As I survived and it was a success, I’m going to do another next month. February, as I hope you know, has less than 30 days, so a 30-day challenge isn’t going to work. I have found a 28-day ab challenge that I think will do the trick on Pinterest, so let’s do this Fab Ab February Challenge next, shall we?
40 pushups. I wish I could say I had done more, and while I did hit my 10 floors and 10,000 steps (barely), I can’t honestly call my pacing the house exercise.
- Smoothie: bananas, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seed, Warrior Blend Raw Protein, cinnamon, and water
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with maple syrup
- 1/2 ruby red grapefruit
- Coffee with stevia
Morning Snack (so, you may have noticed that I’ve been having a lot of snack in the morning this week. This is not a new technique I’m trying. Rather, Thing 2 has had half days, and he is coming home to have lunch with me about 1 1/2 hours after my normal lunch time. I can’t go 6 hours between meals like that, and the result has been heavy snacking in the morning):
- Green tea with cherry
- Apple with peanut butter and brown rice syrup
- Chocolate with cranberries and walnuts
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, cucumber, red pepper, chickpeas, tempeh bacon (cooked in chili paste), shiitake, and sesame ginger dressing
- Lime seltzer
- Bowl of cereal with unsweetened soy milk
- White tea
- More chocolate with cranberries and walnuts
- Amy’s Kitchen Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 2 Wasa crackers
Late Late Late Night (I had a hearing tonight that ran very late, so I basically had another entire meal while trying to come down from the night’s work):
- Wasa crackers with mustard and melted Daiya cheese
- Goose Island Nut Brown Ale
- Even more chocolate with cranberries and walnuts