If there is such a thing as cake withdrawal, then I went through it today. I am considering trying out a 3 or 10 day food-based cleanse from Happy Herbivore (no cardboard lemonade this time) to reset my system from the nearly week-long junk food binge, though I suppose just eating more spa-style meals and eliminating the beer, cake and peanut butter pretzels would be a good start.
My back was good enough today to make it through both classes without spasming, so I got in a really good workout. I still miss running, though, and I hope to hit the trail again soon. I’ve probably lost a fair amount of my conditioning and will have to ease back into it now, but I look forward to being able to regain what I’ve lost. Stupid snow and ice storms.
- Morning: 12 sets of 25 jumping jacks and 1 flight of stairs; February Ab Challenge Day 6 (25 sit ups, 7 push ups, and 20 seconds of plank)
- Evening: 45 minutes of BJJ and 45 minutes of MMA
- Smoothie: banana, pineapple, red grapes, frozen blueberries, mixed salad greens, flax and chia seeds, and soy milk
- 1 slice cinnamon raisin bread toasted with peanut butter
- Coffee, black, like my soul.
- Green cherry tea
- Kale, onions, garlic, shiitake, bell peppers, and chickpeas sautéed with chili paste and Braggs liquid aminos
- Coconut seltzer
- Strawberries and a palm full of chocolate chips
- Spiced black tea
- 1/2 blood orange (I know there’s a whole one in the photo, but shortly after taking the shot Thing 2 pleaded for half the orange, and I just couldn’t way no)
- KIND Healthy Grains bar
- Veggies and hummus
- A handful of snack foods leftover from the Superbowl (cashews and peanut butter pretzels)
- Baked teriyaki tofu
- Soba noodles
- Steamed broccoli
- Third Shift Amber Ale
- Chocolate chips, cranberries, and walnuts