Today marks Day 1 of my Happy Herbivore 3-Day Reboot. The food is not all that different from what I eat when I’m behaving (which I haven’t been for quite some time). It is serving it’s purpose of getting me back on the right path. I modified today’s meal plan slightly, though. The evening meal called for a plate of sloppy, saucy story fry with nothing to soak it up, so I added a small serving of an heirloom short grain brown rice. I compensated somewhat for those extra calories by having a small serving of the dessert smoothie. Overall today’s plan was very close to the Eat to Live diet I try (and generally fail) to follow. It was just a little short on raw, leafy greens.
Let’s just pause for a moment and look at the fact that I went a whole day without a piece of chocolate. Hell must have frozen over.
This afternoon, Thing 1 and I went out to check our running trail to see if it was clear enough to run tomorrow. It’s not even close (photo above). It was nice, however, to get out into the park, even if I came home with my feet frozen to the point of numbness from walking on so much ice without having worn properly insulated socks.
- Morning: 45 minute MMA class
- Afternoon: 30 minute walk in the frozen park with Thing 1
- February Ab Challenge: 30 sit ups/ 8 push ups/ 25s plank
- Detox Drink (water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, cinnamon, and maple syrup)
- Oatmeal cooked in water with applesauce, blueberries, banana, flax seed, and almonds
- Green cherry tea
- Kidney bean and pumpkin chili
- Coconut seltzer
- Kale chips topped with Old Bay and nutritional yeast
- Pineapple red pepper stir fry in curried coconut milk
- Brown rice
- Orange vanilla seltzer
- Banana, strawberry, and almond milk smoothie