I stepped on the scale this morning to measure the final effects of the 3-Day Reboot. My weight is down 1 pound from Saturday morning, when the cleanse officially started, but down three pounds from Friday, when I began a little pre-cleanse eating and had my first serving of the Daily Detox Drink.
While much of that is no doubt water, the more revealing thing is the body fat measurements that my scale also records (as a side note, having a scale that says “You are THIS fat” every time you step on it is like having a friend that is waaaaaay too honest about how your new jeans make you muffin top). According to these readings, a little more than a pound of that weight loss is body fat.
And that’s the sort of result that counts. Energy level up + body fat down = success. The trick now is to build on that success without slipping back into snacking my face silly every afternoon. I’m going to keep with the Daily Detox Drink for a while, keep my snacking under control, and banish the bags of chips from my house. There’s also going to be a lot more home cooking and a lot less convenience foods. And, lastly, breakfasts are going to be switched up rather than the smoothie + toast rut that I’ve been trudging along in for the last year.
- Morning: 10 reps of Jumping Rope for 100 jumps and running a flight of stairs, followed by February Ab Challenge Day 11 (35 sit ups/ 9 push ups/ 35s plank)
- Evening: 1 hour BJJ and 1 hour MMA
- Daily Detox Drink
- Oatmeal with applesauce, flax seed, raspberries, 1/2 roasted pear, and a little soy yogurt
- Whole wheat wrap with black beans, tofu sour cream (homemade), vegan nacho cheese sauce (also homemade), avocado, hot sauce (not homemade, alas), sliced tomato, and mixed greens.
- 1/2 orange and 2 strawberries
- Orange seltzer (homemade with the Sodastream. I am trying to wean my family off of the expensive cans of seltzer to which they are addicted.)
- Veggie plate with hummus
- Pre-classes banana
- Spiced black tea
- Homemade vegan meatballs cooked in pizza sauce and stuffed in a low-calorie whole grain pita pocket
- Broccolini sautéed in broth with garlic and Sicilian lemon white balsamic
- Lemon-lime seltzer (homemade)
- 1/2 apple with peanut butter