I am starting to feel a little drained from the intense workouts this week and the cut in calories, so I let myself have a breakfast and dinner that were a little more hearty. Overall, today was probably a little carb heavy, but it still fell well within the rules I’ve set for myself.
The broiled grapefruit I had with lunch was an amazing treat, and I cannot recommend it enough, especially if you struggle with a sweet tooth. I simply took half a grapefruit, loosened the wedges with a knife (though I will try skipping this step next time and see if my grapefruit spoon will work), topped it with one sliced strawberry, sprinkled the top with a teeny tiny pinch of sugar, and put it under the broiler until it just began to brown. The result was so incredibly sweet and satisfying that I almost didn’t miss having my post-lunch piece of chocolate.
- Morning: climb 20 flights of stairs (well, one flight over and over again); February Ab Challenge Day 12 (40 sit ups/ 10 push ups/ 35s plank)
- Evening: 45 minutes MMA
- Daily Detox Drink
- 2 slices whole wheat toast topped with sliced banana, walnut pieces, a spread made from maple syrup, peanut butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- 3 strawberries
- Small bowl of leftover chickpea stew
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, grape tomatoes, and cucumber dressed in miso, sriracha, and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Broiled grapefruit half with a sliced strawberry and a scant pinch of sugar
- Orange seltzer
- Raw veggies and green pea “hummus”
- Pre-class: small banana
- Huevos Rancheros Inspired Plate: high-fiber sourdough tortilla topped with roasted potatoes, salsa, homemade tofu sour cream, guacamole, and tofu scrambled with black beans, bell peppers, red onion, garlic, vegan nacho cheese.