Snow day. Again. Hooray, I guess. It snowed early, but by 9 am the storm had shifted to cold rain and high winds, losing what little charm it may have had. Shoveling the resulting slurry it was neither pleasant nor easy, and afterwards I was way too sore in the arms, shoulders, back and chest to even consider hitting the mats at the dojo. Sometimes you just gotta let your body rest a little.
I did allow myself two little treats today. A mug of hot chocolate is a snow day staple in our house, and so I saved my mug to have as a reward (and recovery) after the hard effort of shoveling, and I didn’t have any other snack. Then, after dinner, I granted myself a pint of Guinness to soften the achiness and help insure a good night’s sleep. I could probably have done this with an Advil, but I like the taste of Guinness better. I guess we’ll see when I step on the scale tomorrow morning if this little slip up brings back the bloating, huh?
- Morning: 35 flights of stairs and February Ab Challenge Day 13 (45 sit ups/ 10 push ups/ 35s plank)
- Afternoon: 45 minutes shoveling heavy wet slushy nonsense
- Daily Detox Drink
- Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries with quinoa, cinnamon, and soy yogurt
- Chocolate strawberry tea
- Tempeh and brown rice sloppy joes in a whole grain pita pocket
- Kale chips
- Orange seltzer
- Broiled 1/2 grapefruit topped with a sliced strawberry and a pinch of sugar
- Post-Shoveling: Almond milk hot chocolate with 2 vegan marshmallows
- Garden vegetable chowder with chickpeas
- 1/4 whole wheat naan bread
- Pint of Guinness