Valentine’s Day, with its culture of chocolate decadence, was a veritable mine field for me. Chocolate, chocolate everywhere I went. Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sweets…though it’s always someone’s birthday or a candy-infused holiday, it seems. I need a better coping strategy if I’m going to be able to stand firm long term.
Today I tried to aim for moderation rather than resistance. The Hub and I had lunch out at a vegan-friendly cafe, and I gave in to the temptation of a Raspberry Truffle Latte. Then, shortly after I finished my sensible raw veggie snack, my father stopped by with massive chocolate covered strawberries to surprise my family, and I enjoyed one of the fist-sized goodies. I had planned on making a chocolate ganache to dip fresh strawberries in for dessert, but since I had already enjoyed two treats, I reduced that to just savoring one square of chocolate after dinner.
February Ab Challenge (45 sit ups, 11 push ups, and 40 seconds of plank)
- Daily Detox Drink
- Vegan whole wheat french toast topped with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, soy yogurt, and maple syrup
Lunch @ Twisted Tree Cafe:
- Soy “chicken” quesadilla with soy cheese and avocado
- Side salad with tahini dressing
- Raspberry truffle soy latte
- Veggies and hummus
- Massive chocolate covered strawberry
- White tea
- Vegan mac and cheese on whole wheat pasta
- Cauliflower and red peppers roasted and glazed with balsamic vinegar
- Red leaf and romaine lettuce with Braggberry Dressing
- 1 piece of sea salt infused dark chocolate