Today was supposed to be a day off from school for the Things, but last Thursday the school decided to take the day back to make up for all the snow days we’ve needed this winter. The Hub and I found ourselves with an unexpected day free from both work and children. We took advantage of the freedom to go do a little birdwatching in the cold, checking out several local waterways that had ice-free patches full of the wonderful ducks, geese, and swans that winter in New Jersey’s coastal waterways. I even managed to add another species to my life list, inching me that much closer to the 300 bird mark.
Class this evening was brutal. Just brutal. We did so many push ups and sit ups between rounds of sparring…so much for my abs getting a rest day! When we got home I even had to crack out the Tiger Balm for my neck, which was especially stiff after intense clinch and escape work. I was very tempted to have a beer, too, to settle the aches, but I opted instead for the smaller amount of calories in a piece of dark chocolate.
- Morning: birdwatching until my hands and face went numb from the cold
- Evening: 45 minutes of intense MMA class and 45 minutes of no-gi BJJ
- Daily Detox Drink
- Oatmeal with raspberries, blueberries, applesauce, banana, flax seed, and almonds
- Whole wheat wrap with vegan nacho cheese, tofu sour cream, black beans, sliced tomato, avocado, mixed greens, and hot sauce
- 1 cup of tomato soup
- Apple with peanut butter
- Spiced black tea
- Pre-class: hummus with carrots and celery
- Homemade meatball flavored veggie burgers on whole wheat flats with lettuce, tomato, and horseradish mustard
- Cole slaw
- Lemon-lime seltzer
- 1 small square dark chocolate