Alrighty, so the pizza last night made me swell up like a water balloon, and I woke up so bloated that even my face was puffy. I don’t know exactly what it is about our local pizza place (too much salt? some sort of allergy?), but every time I eat their pizza, this happens. Pizza has to remain a very rare treat, I guess.
The weather today was absolutely gorgeous, allowing me to finally hit the trails for a bit of running. It felt so good to be outside on the pavement under the warm sun. I know this is just a brief break in the winter weather, and I was glad to be able to take advantage of it. Hopefully tomorrow will also be dry, if not warm, so I can follow up today’s short run with a slightly longer one tomorrow, to burn off the cake I indulged in tonight to celebrate my mother’s birthday.
- Thing 1 and managed to finally get out for a run. It was a short one, only 2.25 miles, but our pace was fairly fast. I could have gone farther, but I didn’t want to push too hard on my first run in a month.
- February Ab Challenge Day 23: 80 sit ups/ 20 push ups/ 1m plank
- Daily detox drink
- Low-sugar spiced carrot raisin muffin
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Sandwich on whole grain bread with vegan nacho cheese spread, sliced apple, and red leaf lettuce
- Roasted cauliflower with garlic olive oil, oregano white balsamic, and vegan mayo
- Coffee with pumpkin pie spice, vanilla stevia, and unsweetened almond milk
- 1 square dark chocolate
- Post-run: coconut water
- Apple with almond butter
- Handful or three of kale chips
- Spiced black tea
- Tofu nuggets breaded with nooch
- Sweet potato puree
- Broccolini sautéed with garlic
- Red wine
- Birthday cake, not vegan. 1 1/2 slices with 2 dark chocolate covered strawberries.