Today was one of those rare days where I let myself eat some real cheese. Thing 1 had gone on a field trip to a pasta making class in NYC and brought home a small sample of the ravioli she had made, and there was no way I wasn’t going to taste her handiwork. Breaking the Big Dairy Rule is, for me at least, a risky proposition, but it can be worth it. One little appetizer plate of delicious mascarpone and ricotta stuffed pasta shouldn’t be enough to bring on the dairy side effects (for me that would be cramping, achy joints, bloating, gas, and then, if I make dairy a habit, a persistent low-grade fever).
Those little ravioli were quite delicious, and it got Thing 1 and I thinking…can we make these with the almond cheese I made earlier this week? I think we’ll be trying that soon.
- Morning: March Full Body Challenge Day 13 (5 push ups/5 sit ups/5 squats)
- Evening: 45 minutes BJJ and 45 minutes MMA
- Oatmeal with applesauce, cinnamon, blueberries, banana, flax seed, red walnuts, and a spoonful of mango soy yogurt
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, blood orange, avocado, and blackberry ginger balsamic topped with tempeh, red onion, and celery dressed in barbecue mayo
- Gingerade Raw Organic Kombucha
- Spiced black tea
- 85% dark chocolate and a few almonds
- Handmade cheese ravioli drizzled with garlic olive oil
- Almond milk cappuccino
- I think I had some other small nibble, but I can’t remember what
- Tofu and mixed vegetables cooked in coconut milk curry
- Anchor Brewery California Lager
- Wasa cracker with peanut butter and cranberries