The training plan I’m following called for a slow 2 mile run today. Running such a short distance at such a slow pace was a mental and emotional challenge. I felt like I was slacking off the entire short run. I saw another runner while I was out there, and I was embarrassed to be seen plodding along like a snail. I like to push myself so much harder than that…but then I guess that’s why I’ve always got pain and minor injury bothering me in one way or another.
I’ll have to get used to it, though, since this plan includes a fair number of slow, plodding runs, just like today’s. I hope this really does help me to become faster overall. This year is going to be the year I slay my Great White 2-Hour Whale, I just know it.
- Morning: March Full Body Challenge Day 14 (10 push ups/10 sit ups/10 squats)
- Training Run: 2.18 miles at a really slow pace
- Small smoothie: banana, frozen mango, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seed, mango soy yogurt, a little cinnamon, and water
- Broiled grapefruit half with strawberry
- Slice of soda bread with almond butter
- Whole wheat wrap with red pepper hummus, avocado, tomato, red onion, spinach, and sriracha
- Iced coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Piece of 80% dark chocolate
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Cranberry and chocolate chip granola bar
- Wasa crackers with hummus and almond cheese
- Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara and handmade vegan meatballs
- Glass of white wine
- Deep fried chocolate and cheese ravioli (the other batch of ravioli Thing 1 had brought home)