I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn’t slept at all. The approaching winter storm has my body going into hibernation mode, I guess. I had to really push myself to go on my training run, though I felt pretty good once I was out there. Running in the cold is always a bit harder on the system, however, and I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I was finished with what was otherwise a fairly short and easily paced jog.
Fortunately I had thrown a stew into a crock pot before heading out, so I didn’t cave and order take out for dinner. This worked out so well that I am probably going to make a habit of using the crock pot on the days I do my long runs.
- March Full Body Challenge Day 16: 25 push ups/30 sit ups/ 45 squats
- Training Run: 4 mile run, slow pace
- Whole wheat pancakes with strawberries, walnuts, maple syrup, and mango soy yogurt
- Tofu hot dogs in whole wheat buns with ketchup, mustard, and relish
- Cole slaw
- Vegan Shamrock Shakes: banana (fresh and frozen), red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, plain coconut milk yogurt, water, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and vanilla stevia.
- Coffee with stevia and almond milk
- Post run: water with NUUN, almond date roll, small glass of chocolate soy milk
- Wasa cracker with almond cheese
- 1/2 slice of soda bread
- Guinness stew with seitan, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and cabbage
- Whole grain bread
- Fresh fruit
- Cranberries, almonds, and a small piece of very dark chocolate