The kids began whining three days ago for green bagels this morning to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day. Are green bagels a thing anywhere outside the greater NYC area? I suspect not, as they have diddly-squat to do with anything Irish, other than being dyed green. Our local bagel shop is owned by an Irish family, however, so I give them a pass on the bright green bagels they serve up on the one day each year that they can celebrate their own heritage in their shop. I just wish they did it by making some lovely brown scones rather they cracking open a case of green food coloring.
Myself, I took a pass on the food coloring + white bread breakfast, opting instead for my usual whole wheat everything bagel. I think Saint Patrick can forgive me. I made up for it with an Irish inspired dinner, served up with a pint of Guinness to soothe my aching arms–those 40 push ups this morning were tough, but the diamond push ups we did in class sealed the deal. I am looking forward to tomorrow being a rest day for the Full Body Challenge.
- Morning: March Full Body Challenge Day 17 (40 push ups/50 sit ups/ 60 squats)
- Evening: 45 minutes MMA
- Whole wheat everything bagel with Tofutti cream cheese and peanut butter
- Pumpernickel wrap with red pepper hummus, sliced tomato, red onion, avocado, and spinach
- Cole slaw
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Blood orange and a small piece of dark chocolate
- Wasa crackers: some with almond butter and cranberries, and others with almond cheese
- Almond date roll
- Colcannon inspired mash of red potatoes, kale, cabbage, leeks, garlic, almond milk, and fauxmesan
- Tofurky chicken and apple sausage with mustard
- Cranberries, walnuts, and dark chocolate