It has been over a week since I’ve taken a rest day, and the wear and tear on my body is starting to build up. With the cross training schedule I’ve set up, it’s all too easy to forget to take a day off every once in a while to allow the body to heal. Today I finally decided that I needed to rest. Really rest. No push ups, no sit ups, no squats, no running, no fighting. The most vigorous thing I did was take a short walk in the park in the early afternoon. I spent my evening class time in a warm bubble bath.
Proper rest is an important part of any training plan, and woe unto she who ignores the need for a little down time.
- Oatmeal with cinnamon, flax seed, blueberries, raspberries, banana, walnuts, and a wee bit of mango soy yogurt
- Gingerbread herbal tea
- Tempeh avocado wrap
- Kale chips
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Dark chocolate, almonds, and cranberries
- Banana with peanut butter
- 1 Wasa cracker with almond cheese
- Palmful of cashews
- Tofu burger on multigrain flat with smokey chipotle mustard, tomato, onion, and lettuce
- Polenta fries
- Dark chocolate, walnuts, and cranberries