I did my first interval training run today in the bitter cold and drizzle. The warm ups were…weird. I suspect I looked like a fool prancing around the soccer field doing the high knees, butt kicks, and skipping. Hopefully they are doing something good for me, and not just having me look like I’m chasing imaginary butterflies.
I had planned on going to MMA class in the evening, but when evening rolled ’round I was just too drained to go. The interval runs in the cold air took a lot out of me, and I figured it was better to let my legs rest and mend. It is going to take some time for my body to adjust again to a combination of running training and fighting training.
- March Full Body Challenge: 5 push ups/5 sit ups/ 5 squats
- Training Run: 1/4 mile warm up jog, warm up drills, 3 100m strides, more warm up jogging, 6 2m3s intervals alternating between hard effort and light jog, 5 minutes cool down jog (4.5 miles/45 minutes total)
- Small smoothie: banana, blackberries, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seed, soy milk, and water
- Cinnamon raisin mochi with maple syrup
- Broiled grapefruit half with strawberries
- Vegetable lentil soup
- Multi-grain bread
- Slice of soda bread
- Coffee with cardamom and soy milk
- Dark chocolate, cranberries, and walnuts
- Post-run: chocolate soy milk
- Wasa cracker with hummus
- Handful of cashews
- Way too much whole wheat veggie pizza with Daiya cheese