Welcome, Spring! I’m going to pretend that I haven’t heard rumors of a snow storm next week, and focus instead on how wonderful it is to be able to comfortably walk and run outside. I didn’t have a run scheduled for today, so I took a nice walk in the park to enjoy the emerging spring flora and fauna. I spotted the first skunk cabbages poking their heads up along the stream, hear the spring peeper frogs, and saw a pair of osprey…uh…making more ospreys.
How they can be comfortable doing that while precariously clinging to the top of a 120′ tall tower in the high wind gusts is a mystery to me.
I also got to play with a new toy today: a 6-Quart Cook and Carry Crock-Pot. We had made dinner in our nearly 20-year-old one Sunday and then transported it to my parents’ home, full and hot, and we learned that it does not travel easily. After discussing how this sort of arrangement was likely to happen again, and with greater frequency, The Hub and I decided that it was finally time to upgrade the Crock-Pot to a transport-friendly model, with a locking lid.
The plan is now to find and make a bunch of vegan crock pot meals so that I can do all the prep work for dinner early in the day, before I am exhausted by my classes and/or long runs, to avoid any more unfortunate take out pizza incidents. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- Morning: March Full Body Challenge (10 push ups/10 sit ups/25 squats); 1.5 mile walk
- Evening: 45 minutes MMA
- Smoothie: banana, strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen açai, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax and chia seed, soy milk, and water
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter
- Broiled grapefruit half
- Tempeh avocado wrap
- Cabbage crunch salad
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Dark chocolate with cranberries and walnuts
- 80 calorie pumpernickel wrap with hummus, tomato and lettuce
- Small blood orange
- Pre-class: almond date roll and palm full of cashews
- Black bean chili with sweet potato tortilla chips
- Full Sail Amber Ale
- Girl Scout Cookies