The weather was kind enough to provide a break in the rain this morning for me to get my run in. By the time I was finished, I was soaked through from the constant mist, but at least it wasn’t full-on raining during any part of my 6 miles. Being out in the semi-yuck was almost pleasant. I may have been wet, but the temperature was comfortable.
Today’s was the first run this year where I felt strong and capable. I guess I should run in gross weather more often.
- 6 mile training run. I decided to push the speed a bit to see what I could do and managed an average pace of 9m27s without killing myself
- Pre-run: small bowl of mesa sunrise cereal with raisins and almond milk; coffee
- Post run: whole wheat everything bagel with tofutti cream cheese and peanut butter; coffee
- Coconut water
- Cold brewed New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, tempeh bacon, shiitake mushrooms, red pepper, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and sesame ginger dressing
- Fruit salad
Afternoon Snack (movie time, again):
- 4 Thin Mints
- Whole wheat pasta with green olive pesto (based on this recipe from Real Simple)
- Roasted red and yellow tomatoes
- Multi-grain bread with gigante bean hummus
- More Thin Mints