Today’s run was great. Really, surprisingly great. I had planned on doing it early, but woke up to find it was just barely over freezing out, so I decided to give it a few hours. It was in the mid-40s and sunny when I hit the trail in the late morning. I ran at what felt like just a little past easy effort and was surprised to see that equaled a pace of 9:27, which is usually a harder effort for me. I guess all the goofy drills and speed work sessions are actually paying off.
I hit the wall later in the afternoon, though, so maybe the pace was harder than I had realized. By dinner time I was shot, so The Hub ran out to the local health food store and brought home a somewhat healthy sandwich and some definitely not healthy bags of chips. Somehow I managed to not give in to the temptation to wash it all down with a sleeve of Thin Mints. Hooray for small victories!
- 7 mile long run at a pace of 9:27
- Whole wheat waffle with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, soy yogurt, and maple syrup
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy creamer
- Post-run chocolate soy milk with a pinch of salt
- Leftover sloppy joes on whole wheat buns
- Cole slaw/broc slaw mix
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Cara cara orange with a palm full of red walnuts
- Wasa cracker with hummus
- Tempeh avocado wrap
- Sea salt a vinegar chips
- Pico de gallo chips
- Glass of red wine
- Small piece of dark chocolate