Though I’ve been doing my speed work on Wednesdays, I mixed things up this week and did it today because I had to work this evening and therefore couldn’t do my scheduled training at the dojo. Today’s training run was intense, and I suspect that my feet hadn’t recovered enough from Sunday before attempting this level of work. By evening the ball of my right foot felt badly bruised, and wearing those high heels out to work was punishing.
Sometimes I wish professional women could get away with wearing Birkenstocks with our suits, but, alas, that is not how our world works.
Another change to my routine that I introduced today was the re-introduction of a protein powder, to broaden the sources of high-density protein I’m consuming while ramping up my training. This week I’m giving Plant Fusion a try, and today I used it for my post-run recovery fuel. I’m not a huge fan of the slightly gritty texture, but it sure did fill me up and kept me from grazing my way through the afternoon like I usually do.
- Morning: 10 pushups, 45 seconds plank, and 50 sit ups
- Training run: 3/4 mile warm up, drills and strides, speed intervals, 3/4 mile cool down. Total distance: 6.17 miles
- Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, flax seed, soy milk
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with almond butter
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy milk
- Tempeh avocado wrap
- Cole slaw
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Cold-brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- Post run: smoothie with 1 scoop Plant Fusion vanilla protein powder, 2 tbs chocolate syrup, water, and ice cubes
- Amy’s Kitchen veggie burger on whole wheat flat with cole slaw, pickles, BBQ sauce, and mustard
- Iced white tea
Late Night, After Work:
- Glass of red wine
- Wasa crackers with hummus
- Thin mints
- Piece of dark chocolate