Easter. One of the busiest days of my year, and always one that makes clean eating just about impossible.
We start early with an egg hunt at home. This year, I followed that up with an 8 mile run. My sister was in town, and she’s also training for the Heartbreak Hill Half, so we set out together. Turns out she’s been training with a much faster partner and now runs about a minute per mile faster than I do, but that didn’t stop me from trying to keep up. Stupid sibling rivalry! I managed to keep a pace that is about 30 seconds per mile faster than what I usually do when I’m pushing it, so now I know that I am capable of running faster if I want to.
The Things made pancakes for us after the run, and then it was off on a whirlwind of family visits. I ate two lunches, both featuring vegan dishes put out just for us. I ate too many desserts, and then washed those down with candy and A LOT of coffee. I expect a bit of a food hangover tomorrow, but that’s okay. I can take the week to clean my system out.
- 8 mile run at a pace of 9m7s.
- Pre-run: coffee and slice of yoga bread with almond butter
- Post-run: 1/2 banana; 3 pancakes with strawberries, walnuts, soy yogurt, maple syrup, and raspberry syrup; coffee
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Vegan sandwiches; fruit salad; iced tea; slice of vanilla cake
- Guinness; vegan soy meat tacos; mushroom slider (no bread); homemade fudge; carrot cake; coffee with almond milk
- Small plate of leftover tomato and cashew cream pasta with three green olives