My body is quite sore from yesterday’s higher-speed run. Dropping that much time that fast was not the kindest thing to do to my legs, so today I gave them the day off to recover. Too bad I also spent the day grazing on Easter leftovers, including not only one of the hard-boiled eggs The Things insisted on making (which is not really that bad of a sin) but also chocolate and jelly beans and carrot cake.
I did try to keep the sugary treats to a minimum this year, but they still come in from multiple sources. There’s what The Hub and I got for the Things, then there’s the handmade chocolates from our favorite shop on Cape Cod that my parents’ brought us, and then there’s the assorted stuff obtained at the larger family gathering from Easter afternoon. In adds up to a whole lot of temptation sitting on my kitchen counter, right there in plain sight whenever I walk through that room. And I’m too weak-willed to resist, it would seem.
Fortunately the stash isn’t big, so this won’t last for long.
- 1 mile walk in the park
- Smoothie: Banana, pineapple, frozen blueberries, flax seed, mixed greens, Plant Fusion protein powder, and water
- 1/2 grapefruit with strawberries, broiled
- Hardboiled egg
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy creamer
- Salad: Mixed greens, baby spinach, baked tofu, shiitake mushrooms, grape tomatoes, red onion, and avocado dressed with smirch, miso, and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Coffee, black
- Slice of leftover carrot cake and some Easter candy. Darn it.
- Cucumber with hummus
- More candy
- Small bowl of black bean chili and a hunk of homemade whole grain cornbread
- Wasa crackers with hummus and olives
- The last of the carrot cake and another handful of Easter candy